First created in 1976 by United Airlines, the monitoring program was initially formed for pilots who struggled with alcoholism. Since their inception, the program has been utilized for individuals from all walks of life. Monitoring programs have been found to be the most effective method to ensure a successful recovery.
The success of the monitoring program is based on select elements that are custom tailored to the individual’s needs. These include:
- Relapse prevention groups or outpatient treatment
- An assigned monitor or mentor for accountability
- Recovery meetings like Alcoholics Anonymous
- Continued contact with an AA sponsor
- On-going abstinence testing and other compliance testing
- Therapy sessions
The monitoring program can be created to fit your needs as an individual.